Every Tuesday over at the The Broke and Bookish we all get to look at a particular topic for discussion and use various (or more to the point ten) examples to demonstrate that particular topic. This week’s topic is:
All About the Romance
Well, I’m not really ‘all about the romance’ but as today is Valentine’s Day, why not!
- Rhett and Scarlett – obvious but had to be included. Gone With the Wind by Margaret Mitchell. It’s not SFF Jim – but frankly, I don’t give a damn.
- Alexander and Tatiana. Had to be on here – The Bronze Horseman by Paullina Simons – boy oh boy is this one hot romance. I’m not kidding. I don’t, as I said above, usually read romance but this book…omg.
- Jamie and Claire – Outlander series by Diana Gabaldon. I expect these two will be on a few lists this week!
- Princess Buttercup and Westley. The Princess Bride by William Goldman. Sweet and funny romance – inconceivable?
- Buffy and Spike – Oh Yes! I haven’t read the books but I have seen the series and Spike wins.
- Ron and Hermione – maybe not a sizzling couple because that would be a bit wrong and apparently Ron has the emotional range of a teaspoon – but here it is nonetheless! J K Rowling’s Harry Potter.
- Han Solo and Leia – yes, I have never read any of the Star Wars books but I’ve seen the films and so this counts!
- Toby and Tybalt – really, couldn’t leave these off! The October Daye series by Seanan McGuire. Plus King of the Cats – Grrr!
- Tristan and Yvaine from Neil Gaiman’s Stardust – don’t you just love Neil Gaiman’s books!
- ??? – your choice please…