“Love looks not with the eyes, but with the mind, And therefore is winged Cupid painted blind”
Every Tuesday over at the The Broke and Bookish we all get to look at a particular topic for discussion and use various (or more to the point ten) examples to demonstrate that particular topic. This week’s topic is:
All About the Romance
Well, I’m not really ‘all about the romance’ but as today is Valentine’s Day, why not!
- Rhett and Scarlett – obvious but had to be included. Gone With the Wind by Margaret Mitchell. It’s not SFF Jim – but frankly, I don’t give a damn.
- Alexander and Tatiana. Had to be on here – The Bronze Horseman by Paullina Simons – boy oh boy is this one hot romance. I’m not kidding. I don’t, as I said above, usually read romance but this book…omg.
- Jamie and Claire – Outlander series by Diana Gabaldon. I expect these two will be on a few lists this week!
- Princess Buttercup and Westley. The Princess Bride by William Goldman. Sweet and funny romance – inconceivable?
- Buffy and Spike – Oh Yes! I haven’t read the books but I have seen the series and Spike wins.
- Ron and Hermione – maybe not a sizzling couple because that would be a bit wrong and apparently Ron has the emotional range of a teaspoon – but here it is nonetheless! J K Rowling’s Harry Potter.
- Han Solo and Leia – yes, I have never read any of the Star Wars books but I’ve seen the films and so this counts!
- Toby and Tybalt – really, couldn’t leave these off! The October Daye series by Seanan McGuire. Plus King of the Cats – Grrr!
- Tristan and Yvaine from Neil Gaiman’s Stardust – don’t you just love Neil Gaiman’s books!
- ??? – your choice please…