All good things to those who wait…
Every Tuesday over at the The Broke and Bookish we all get to look at a particular topic for discussion and use various (or more to the point ten) examples to demonstrate that particular topic. This week’s topic is:
new releases Books I Bought in 2016 and Meant To Read But Didn’t Get To (But TOTALLY plan to)
- Tower of Thorns by Juliet Marilier. This is the second instalment of her Blackthorn and Grim series that started with Dreamer’s Pool – a book that I absolutely loved. I bought the second book virtually immediately but as with most of my own books it has taken a back seat to review books. As it happens I now also have a copy of Den of Wolves so hopefully I will get to these two soon – I know that I will love them.
- V E Schwab is an author that I haven’t yet read and so last year I picked up a copy of A Darker Shade of Magic and Savage Song – any recommendations as to which one I should pick up first???
- Patricia Briggs Fire Touched. I simply can’t believe that I’ve not started this one yet. I love this series and the main character Mercy Thompson.
- Beyond Redemption by Michael R Fletcher. I really am very keen to get to this. It had such great reviews from people who I trust to steer me onto the path of excellent reads!
- Wake of Vultures and Conspiracy of Ravens by Lila Bowen – I bought both of these – that’s how confident I am that I’m going to love them.
- Crooked Kingdom by Leigh Bardugo – I loved the first in series so I’m really looking forward to picking this up.
- Senlin Ascends and Arm of the Sphinx (yes, I bought book 1 and 2 of the books of Babel by Josiah Bancroft – another excellent recommendation and two books that I’m really eager to read – they’re receiving positively glowing reviews!
- The Marie Brennan series that revolves all around Lady Trent – I bought In the Labyrinth of Drakes early last year so really need to prioritise this one.
- The Hunt by Chuck Wendig. Another book bought early 2016. I loved Atlanta Burns. My review here.
- The Chrysalids by John Wyndham – I’m bursting to read this book and as it’s Vintage Sci Fi month right now it really is the perfect time so I need to get on with it.
That’s it for me this week – well, I say that’s it – it really isn’t, I have so many books just waiting. I need to make a dedicated plan to start knocking them off the list.