‘These are the voyages of one blogger… to boldly read’ #RRSciFiMonth
Every Tuesday over at the The Broke and Bookish we all get to look at a particular topic for discussion and use various (or more to the point ten) examples to demonstrate that particular topic. The topic this week is :
Ten Books I’ve Added To My To-Be-Read List Lately
- A Closed and Common Orbit by Becky Chambers – which I will be picking up in December as part of a readalong group – details on Goodreads.
- Station Eleven by Emily St John Mandel – I’ve already completed and loved this book – I highly recommend it and my review is here.
- Doomsday Book by Connie Willis, Christopher Gibbs I love the sound of this one – recommended to me by Sarah over at Brainfluff
- Illuminae: The Illuminae Files: Book 1 (Illuminae Files 1) by Jay Kristoff and Amie Kaufman – this is a book that has such positive reviews that I just can’t resist – next up for my sci fi reading.
- The Wolf Road by Beth Lewis – apparently this debut novel is described as perfect ‘for fans of Station Eleven – see above!
- Morning Star: Red Rising Trilogy 3 (The Red Rising Trilogy)by Pierce Brown – I loved the first two books in this series so it’s a bit of a mystery why I haven’t picked this one up yet – I think it may be part of my reluctance to finish series that I’m really enjoying!
- Leviathan Wakes: Book 1 of the Expanse by James S A Corey – another book that I’ve heard many many people wax lyrical about – I bought this for last year’s event but didn’t get the time to pick it up so hopefully this year will be the year!
- Defenders by Will McIntosh – another book that I’ve owned for quite some time – it could be bumped up the list for the sci fi event – sounds really scary to be honest!
- Or, if I want something a bit less scary by the same author Love Minus Eighty – which is currently sat on my wishlist (what to do – I suppose I should read the book I already own really!)
Authority (The Southern Reach Trilogy, Book 2) by Jeff VanderMeer – another scary sci fi – at least the first one was so I’m just gonna make that assumption
Well, seriously, I can’t expect to read all 10 but I have already completed one and I’m taking part in a readalong during December for the other so realistically I’m hoping to put about another 3 of the others under my belt! We’ll see.