Not at all bookish!
Every Tuesday over at the The Broke and Bookish we all get to look at a particular topic for discussion and use various (or more to the point ten) examples to demonstrate that particular topic. The topic this week is:
‘Ten Websites I Love That Aren’t About Books’
Wow – I found this one a toughie to be honest. I don’t think I check out too many websites or blogs that aren’t book-centric but here are mine:
- Genkinahito – a great site mostly about movies that I’ve been following and enjoying for years: Taken from the about page: ‘I work in an art gallery but I love films, anime, gaming and Japan. I am also learning Japanese. I sometimes write for magazines and film festivals and other websites and I have been known to interview/talk to the odd director and actor’
- Carmen’s books and movies – although this does include some book reviews as well I really enjoy Carmen’s thoughts on films.
- @pabkins – on twitter and instagram. Also a book review blog called Not Yet Read – but, I’m focusing here on the twitter and instagram. All sorts of arts and crafts. Lots of fun events. Great personality and very talented.
- Bayou Quilts – a blog belonging to Jenclair – a very creative blogger with lots of ideas for arts and crafts
- imdb – i love movie sites!
- Rotten Tomatoes – ditto the above
- Wikipedia – just because I use it for all sorts!
- Any number of foodie websites – for example BBCGoodFood
- Amazon – and, yes, I know this is a source for books – but I use it for Prime which allows me to watch certain series – such as Outlander or Vikings – because, VIKINGS!
- This is a blank space for you to give me some ideas