We got everything here from a diddle eyed Joe to a damned if I know..
Every Tuesday over at the The Broke and Bookish we all get to look at a particular topic for discussion and use various (or more to the point ten) examples to demonstrate that particular topic. The topic this week is :
a tv-themed topic – top 10 tv shows
I don’t tend to watch a lot of tv – not because I’m against it at all just simply things conspire against me and I’m also a bit unorganised so I’ll forget to watch the next in series. But, over the years I’ve watched a few excellent series – either through box sets or Netflix and some of my favourites are as follows:
- Stranger Things – I only just recently watched this but absolutely loved it – to find out why check this out. Supernatural, horror, sci fi 80s love fest!
- The Sopranos. We didn’t watch this series when it aired, I don’t know why, but then we decided to buy series 1 and give it a shot – all I can say is that we bought the whole set and watched all of it in less than 6 weeks – we were like maniacs and just kept staying up late to watch just one more!
- Band of Brothers – this is an absolutely awesome series that tells the story of Easy Company, 506th Regiment of the 101st Airborne Division, U.S. Army – I confess straight up that I didn’t really fancy this but seriously, it’s so well produced and it’s swarming with actors that you’ll recognise. On top of that the actual story is completely compelling. I would watch this again no problem I enjoyed it so much.
- Big Bang Theory – I can’t help it, this one just makes me laugh. It’s a series that I can switch on at any point and just pick right up. A proper safety blanket, laugh out loud show.
- The Outlander – I have one more of these still left to watch – but I really enjoyed this and thought it was fairly good at sticking to the book (the ones I’ve watched so far anyway).
- The Vikings – do I even need to say why. Vikings. That is all. Plus.
- Breaking Bad – another series that we started watching and just became obsessed with – I don’t think we watched all of them but that just means we have something left to look forward to.
- Dexter – I loved this. When I first saw it advertised and realised that Dexter was a serial killer who worked for the police – I was seriously put off! I actually watched it by accident to be honest but then continued into about series 5 (or something – not sure how many this eventually went to).
- Blackadder – okay, I never got into the first series and I wasn’t particularly in love with the fourth either – but OMG, series 2 and 3 – where Blackadder plays a Lord in the Court of Elizabeth 1 and then The Prince Regent’s butler – so funny. Hysterical even!
- Hannibal – this is a series that I didn’t finish, which isn’t to say that I won’t go back to it – but I thought what I did watch was brilliant, creepy and scary!