Truth is indeed stranger than fiction…
Every Tuesday over at the The Broke and Bookish we all get to look at a particular topic for discussion and use various (or more to the point ten) examples to demonstrate that particular topic. The topic this week is:
Ten Facts About Me (bookish or just general)
This week is ten facts about me – okay, I’ve decided to give this a slightly different slant, as I love the world of SFF I’ve decided to give ten facts that reflect how close I come to living in a world of make believe!
- I have a wonderful place that I retreat into when I read a book, call it a wormhole if you will, but it’s quite magical – sometimes, I almost forget to come back at all.
- My reading takes me to extraordinary places where I meet all sorts of unique and diverse characters and experience totally different cultures.
- ‘Nobody’ lives at my house – you may remember Nobody, or Bod, as a character from Neil Gaiman’s Graveyard book but actually, no, he lives with me and my family, and the reason I know this is because ‘Nobody’ left wet towels on the bathroom floor, ‘Nobody’ left rubbish at the side of the bin instead of in the bin, ‘Nobody’ left dirty cereal bowls next to the sink unrinsed – you get the picture, yes?
- I live with a crazy critter – he’s four legged and has a very happy, waggy tail. He’s been known to have a mad half hour every now and again and his name his Dude – he’s actually named for the character in the Big Lebowski but he’s anything but chilled! Every now and again he appears in the odd one or two of my doodles – which are known as Dude’lls’.
- Occasionally I turn into a dragon. It’s true, my friends and family can attest to the fact. It’s not big, clever or pretty when this happens. I taught Smaug everything he knows! True that.
- Having three children happily coincided with a money tree springing up in my garden, which feeds directly into the Bank of Mum and Dad – I call this damned helpful. I don’t question these things. Never. Ever. Look a gift horse in the mouth – it will probably just bite you if you do.
- I am a mindreader, I know what everybody wants to eat and can miraculously conjure all the ingredients without a second thought. Really, it’s just a gift. I’m lucky like that.
- I have Borrowers living with me – don’t be jealous, this basically means I have 500 pairs of odd socks – which considering I only EVER buy black socks is more than puzzling. Where the hell did all these multi coloured socks/socks with cat faces or faces of elves or Bart/striped socks/socks with bobbles and bells on them come from???? And, more to the point, where did their counterparts go to. Somewhere in the universe someone is looking for all their socks and cursing the appearance of all my black socks in their undie drawer!
- Yes, I live in a parallel universe, see all the above if you don’t believe me!
- I’m a wine whisperer – yes, I can hear wine – calling to me… ‘drink me’ It’s just odd but who am I to deny these voices??