Where are they now??
Every Tuesday over at the The Broke and Bookish we all get to look at a particular topic for discussion and use various (or more to the point ten) examples to demonstrate that particular topic. The topic this week is:
‘Ten Childhood Characters You’d Love To Revisit As Adults’
Now, it’s quite possible that some of these already have follow on novels – but I’ve either not read them or I’m not aware so here are mine for this week:
- Alice from Lewis Carroll’s Alice in Wonderland – just what did happen to Alice?
- Harry, Hermione and Ron – I know that J K Rowling wrote them grown up with their own children – but I’d like to see maybe a few of the years in-between.
- Merry, Pippin and Sam from JRR Tolkien’s LotR – I mean, we know that Sam married his young lady from the Inn but what happened to Merry and Pippin.
- Nobody, Neil Gaiman’s Graveyard Book. To be honest I really thought we might hear more about what happened to Bod.
- Mowgli from Rudyard Kipling’s Jungle Book.
- Christopher from The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night by Mark Haddon – it would be interesting to read another tale from Christopher and gain a little more of his perspective.
- Melanie from the Girl With all the Gifts by M R Carey – I am curious. Or maybe I just want to read more from this particular alternative world.
- Katsa from Kristin Cashore’s Graceline – I really enjoyed this world and the character of Katsa.
- Judith from All the Truth That’s in Me by Julie Berry. I loved this book and would gladly return.
- I have to go here – Kvothe, Patrick Rothfuss – yes, I so want to read more about what happens to Kvothe. If any one wants to throw me a line and let me know when the third book will be out then please do so!