April: My Month in Review
April appeared and then I blinked and it was gone. I’ve had some great books this month. Plus I’ve been on a short break to Cornwall for a few days which was lovely.
Books read: (with links to reviews)
- Sleeping Giants by Sylvain Neuvel
- Eleanor by Jason Gurley
- Masks and Shadows by Stephanie Burgis
- The Fall of the House of Usher by Edgar Allan Poe
- The Silent Army by James A Moore (reviewed on Speculative Herald)
- Hex by Thomas Olde Heuvelt
- The Warrior Witch by Danielle L Jensen
- An Artificial Night by Seanan McGuire
Last month’s covers are here
Okay – I’m not doing well with this – but I still have faith! I will read some of my long waiting and very patient books!
Unfinished series completed:
Another blip – but not one that cannot be conquered!
- A Room With a View by EMForster
- And Then There were None by Agatha Christie
- Five Children and It by E Nesbit
- Sawbones by Melissa Lenhardt
- The Chrysalids by John Wyndham
I admit I went a bit silly this month BUT in my defence I had gift vouchers – and it would be rude not to spend them and look at the lovelies.
Review Books (loads to look forward – I’m so excited for these):
- The Shadowed Path by Gail Z Martin
- The Deadhouse by Harry Bingham
- Company Town by Madeline Ashby
- Mongrels by Stephen Graham Jones
- The Sudden Appearance of Hope by Claire Hope
- The Wheel of Osheim by Mark Lawrence
This is a difficult one to choose between but I actually really like the one with the mobile phone on the cover – gives me the chills – review of HEX to follow and author interview can be found here!
Backlist Backburn is an end of month event organised by Lisa at Tenacious Reader. If you’ve caught up on any of your backlist then call over and link up. I find this a good incentive to dust off some of my books although I’ve not done very well recently.
Top Ten Tuesday at The Broke and Bookish (every Tuesday)
Waiting on Wednesday is an event hosted by Breaking the Spine where every week we get to shine the spotlight on a book that we’re looking forward to.
The Friday Face off by Books by Proxy
Announced two readalongs for March:
- Kushiel’s Justice by Jacqueline Carey – now up to week 7
- An Artificial Night by Seanan McGuide now completed – readalong of Book No.4 to be announced shortly
Classic Clubs read:
The Fall of the House of Usher by Edgar Allan Poe
Once Upon a Time by Stainless Steel Droppings (details here):
Books already read for OUaT:
- Every Heart a Doorway by Seanan McGuire
- Fellside by M R Carey
- The Everything Box by Richard Kadrey
Previous months in review:
Also: The next Self Published Fantasy Blog Off 2 (SPFBO2) is about to commence (detail to follow)