‘Death, is only the beginning…’
Here we are again with the Friday Face Off meme being hosted by Books by Proxy . This is a great opportunity to feature some of your favourite books covers. The rules are fairly simple and can be found here. Each week, following a predetermined theme choose a book, compare a couple of the different covers available for that particular book and choose your favourite. Simples. This week the theme is:
Dead Men Tell No Tales
A cover which features something or somewhere relating to death
This week I’ve gone for The Graveyard Book by Neil Gaiman and a whole bunch of covers to choose from:
So, from the top-
- Very creepy cover with the two characters
- Not sure about this one – bloody knife with a little toddler running along the edge – I understand why – ‘there was a hand in the darkness… and it held a knife’ – very creepy though
- I really like this one – the whole floating graveyard!
- I really like the simplicity of this cover and the angel gravestone
- This is beautifully illustrated, I admit this cover originally made me think this was a children’s book but I really like it now.
- This is the version I own – and I do love it – plus it’s signed!
My favourite this week is difficult to choose but I think I would probably go with this one:
Next week’s theme:
Like One, That on a Lonesome Road
A cover which features a road