10 Bookish resolutions
This week’s Top Ten Tuesday over at the Broke and the Bookish is:
top ten bookish resolutions
(Although they don’t have to necessarily be bookish!). I’ve decided to stay bookish and given that I’m a fairly self critical person I have 10 things I think I need to work on:
- Need to properly organise books into some sort of order and put together a schedule, especially of books given to review and in order to get ahead of myself a little bit! Although that does sound like hard work doesn’t it. I basically just want to read the next book that I want to read!!!
- Want to expand reading genres – actually, I’ll be more to the point – trying to incorporate more sci fi as although I read primarily fantasy I also read historical, mystery and horror so sci fi is getting left out in the cold a bit – I’m working on this – see Stainless Steel Droppings Sci fi Experience and Little Red Reviewer’s Vintage Sci Fi event.
- Want to read ten of my classics this year – only read 4 so far = massive fail! Still, I have got time to catch up.
- Want to seriously tackle tbr – it’s out of control and needs addressing – maybe limit the number of books I buy this year (ahem!)
- Want to finish some of my unread series – also getting out of control – will go and actually figure out how many unfinished series I have one day (see No.1 above)
- Need to be more on the ball about updating my blog, behind with challenges pages, A-Z, etc. Basically I write my review and run for cover!
- Hoping to take part in some challenges again like the Women of Genre Fiction by Worlds Without End – really great for introducing new authors and making you step out of your comfort zone (see No.2 above). Actually a great site – go check it out. You won’t be sorry.
- Thinking to change my reviewing style – needs to be more clear whether I don’t like a book as well as if I love it!
- Incorporate some different discussion posts – I enjoy doing something different, fun or just silly on occasion.
- Enjoy reading – I always do – doesn’t really need a resolution but thought I’d stick it in there anyways!
Now, just need to make a start on those lists. Maybe I could make a list of what lists I actually want to make before I start the actual lists themselves. Categories, this is what I chiefly need… Or maybe I could stop prevaricating.