Please sir, I want some more..
Every Tuesday over at the The Broke and Bookish we all get to look at a particular topic for discussion and use various (or more to the point ten) examples to demonstrate that particular topic. This week’s topic is:
Top Ten Books I Wish Had More
I’m going for books that I finished – and yet wanted more from the world or characters!
- The Girl with All the Gifts by M R Carey – I could read more although in fairness I suppose I’m not sure where else this would go – still, I would read on.
- Sunshine by Robin McKinley – This world could dish up lots more stories.
- Gone with the Wind by Margaret Mitchell- I want the happy ending. What can I say -I want to read on and find out what happened. I don’t want it left to my imagination! What happened!
- The Family Plot by Cherie Priest – this was so good and I think it has plenty of scope for more.
- Jane Steele by Lyndsay Faye – I loved this book. I don’t know know where else this story could go although I’m sure the Jane from this retelling could have further adventures.
- Longbourn by Jo Baker – I loved this book and want similar retellings of all the other Austen books – pretty please.
- Miserere by Teresa Frohock – I loved this book. That is all.
- Neverwhere by Neil Gaiman. Because of the Marquis.
- The Doll Maker by Richard Montanari – this is a wonderfully creepy idea – I would like more.
- The Troupe by RJ Bennett – I would probably read Mr Bennett’s shopping list tbh! But, that aside, yes, I love his work and the Troupe is no exception – I want more from this strange world.