January: My month in review
Hah – did everyone else blink and miss January or was it just me? I’ve been so busy. Work is a bloody pest and every weekend has just been chaos. And next weekend I’m off to Iceland – which I’m really excited about. Anyway, my January in review (with a few reviews still to come):
Books read: (with links to reviews)
- Defender by GX Todd (Voices #1)
- Chimes at Midnight by Seanan McGuire
- Naamah’s Kiss by Jacqueline Carey
- Dusk or Dark or Dawn or Day by Seanan McGuire
- Rosewater –
- Caraval by Stephanie Garber
- Dawn Study by Maria V Snyder
- The Grey Bastards – currently reading
- Department Zero by Paul Crilley
- Deadlight Jack by Mark Onspaugh – review to follow
- The Black Wolves of Boston – review to follow
Last month’s covers are here.
None this month.
Unfinished series completed:
Dawn Study by Maria V Snyder
Books Bought: – showing restraint this month
- Authority (The Southern Reach Trilogy, Book 2) by Jeff VanderMeer
Bitter Greens by Kate Forsyth
The Wild Girl by Kate Forsyth
Review Books: (with links to Goodreads)
- Rosewater by Tade Thompson
- Blood Upon the Sand by Bradley Beaulieu
- The Ninth Rain (The Winnowing Flame Trilogy 1) by Jen Williams
- The Darkhaven Novels (3) – Windsinger by Smith, A. F. E.
- The Turn by Kim Harrison
- The Collapsing Empire by John Scalzi
Top Ten Tuesday at The Broke and Bookish (every Tuesday)
Waiting on Wednesday is an event hosted by Breaking the Spine where every week we get to shine the spotlight on a book that we’re looking forward to.
The Friday Face off by Books by Proxy
Friday Firsts is a weekly event hosted by Lisa at Tenacious Reader. which is a great way to let everyone know the first sentence and first impressions for your current read.
- Readalong for Naamah’s Kiss by Jacqueline Carey – completed
- Readalong for Chimes at Midnight (Toby Daye Book 7) by Seanan McGuire – completed
Classic Clubs read:
Unfortunately none this month but I’ve bought a copy of The Tenant of Wildfell Hall which I’m really looking forward to.