I was nominated recently by Birdie Bookworm for the Versatile Blogger Award. Thank you so much for the nomination you lovely blogger you. Here’s the gen:
- Display Award (ahem, above)
- Thank the person who gave this award (and include a link to their blog.)(Also above).
- Share seven things about yourself. (below)
- Nominate ten bloggers.(more about that shortly…)
SEVEN FACTS ABOUT ME :
- I’m a basically grumpy, curmudgeonly type. This is not an opinion but a bona fide fact. I don’t like mornings. I resent getting out of bed and I really don’t want to be sociable until I’ve drank A LOT of coffee. I just don’t understand why we have mornings – they should be part of our sleeping time. What is the point, really. Explain it to me. Why?
- That takes me onto point two. I don’t drink coffee after lunchtime. It keeps me awake at night if I do. Coffee is for the morning. Tea is for the afternoon. Them’s the rules. Biscuits also sometimes come into play. Custard creams! Yes, that is a type of biscuit – if all else fails Bourbons (Lisa – I’m looking at you and if you’re reading this you know who you are!)
- I pretty much always stay up late at night – which is why I hate getting up in the morning. I’m a night person. Staying up until late is my thing. I’m like an owl. But I’m also like a bear – I like my sleep – Im a Browl! It’s now a thing.
- I don’t like seafood but I love fish. Seafood – well, perhaps I read too many books, but most of it looks like a plate of aliens, with tentacles. Get away from me. No. Just no! It’s wrong. RUN!
- I talk to my dog.. All the time. This is embarrassing because sometimes I”m out walking him and other people hear. Why can’t I just learn that lesson. Doh!
- If I could eat trifle for breakfast I would. I like trifle. What can I say? It would have to be good trifle though. Share your recipes with me if you like. You can’t have too many good recipes. I’m not particularly a sweet lover but trifles and cookies – yes.
- When I was about 7 years old, I stepped out of the house and something landed on my head (no, not that). I thought it was a huge bumble bee and ran around the place screaming for about 10 minutes (at least it felt like that but was probably actually closer to 10 seconds – I was 7 and time was all distorted)! Anyway, once I eventually dragged this tiny thing out of my hair (and it really was clinging on there – plus, my hair was very long) it was a tiny baby blue bird (a blue tit). Clearly learning how to fly and maybe not quite succeeding. Long story short I put it in a birdhouse that we already had in the garden (that had never been used I hasten to add) and then watched every day as it’s mum (or dad) came to feed it. A few days later it was gone. Hopefully it had flown away under it’s own steam. I confess I was gutted. I may have cried a little but nobody saw so it doesn’t count. I really thought that bird had bonded with me and would return to my windowsill – hah, 7 year old dreams eh! I still like that that bird landed on my head though, raindrops keep falling on your head – no blue birds!
That’s my seven facts about me – most of them are pretty silly but that’s the way the cookie crumbles (unless it’s gone stale – in which case I wouldn’t eat it for breakfast).
I actually nominate everyone (in the whole world). I know that seems like a cop out but basically if you fancy doing a post and letting me (and everyone else) know something about you then go for it. I love these posts. I love reading all your answers. And, I might be a self confessed curmudgeon but I pretty much always try to take part when somebody nominates me for one of these.
Go on now. Knock yourself out and tell us a few things about you – and, if you do, please leave me a link. Enquiring minds, etc.