R.eaders I.mbibing P.eril XI: RIP: Roundup post
Readers Imbibing Peril is an annual event hosted by Carl at Stainless Steel Droppings that for the months of September and October sees us reading, watching, gaming and discussing books and adaptations that, in common with the time of year and the drawn in nights, is a celebration of the darker side of our reading:
This is a very relaxed event and, in fact, the main aim is simply to have fun. With that in mind I had plenty of fun and managed to watch and read the following:
- Stranger Things – review of the tv series
- Chasing Embers by James Bennett – dark fantasy
- A Deadly Affection by Cuyler Overholt – murder mystery, suspense
- The Family Plot by Cherie Priest – ghost story, horror, gothic
- The Motion of Puppets by Keith Donohue, dark fantasy
- A City Dreaming by Daniel Polanski – dark fantasy
- The Apothecary’s Curse by Barbara Barnett – dark fantasy, gothic, horror
- Certain Dark Things by Silvia Moreno-Garcia – dark fantasy, horror
Thank you once again to Carl for hosting this event – I love taking part in RIP!
By the pricking of my thumbs,
Something wicked this way comes!