Harry Potter Month (12)
Today is day twelve of my challenge to post each day about Harry Potter. Quotes, books, films and silliness.
As part of my challenge I found out about this fun discussion event called Hype or Like over on Rant and Rave About Books – check it out here if you’re interested in taking part. And here’s the link to the Goodreads page to link up with everyone.
The Discussion this week is:
Imagine it’s the apocalypse, whatever magic is left in the Wizarding World is slowly diminishing, and you need to assemble a team to help you survive. Which 5 characters would you choose for your team, what roles would they play (i.e. Team Leader, Most Cunning, Most Skilled, etc.), and how would they help you survive? You can do whatever you want with this topic. Get creative and have fun with it.
My famous five are as follows:
1. Kickass Magic – Dobby is like super magical – he kicks big butt. He’s just pure magic! Yep, yep, yep – if anyone can save the world of magic it’s Dobby.
2. Fun factor – The Weasley twins – because everyone needs a good old belly laugh every now and again. I love these two boys! I think they’d be great on my team because they relieve the tension and also bring creativity to the table. Bit of a cheat this one because I get two for the price of one!
3. The brains of the outfit: Hermione. Because there’s virtually nothing that this resourceful young witch can’t find out about when she puts her mind to it.
4. The brawn to go with the brains – has got to be Hagrid – he’s always been a larger than life character and one that can just steal your heart because he’s a giant but he’s a huge softie! And, he brings with him a whole bunch of help with all his critters, huge dogs, dragons, enormous spiders (which, ew – but even so – so long as they’re on my team) and Buckbeak! Get on my team now!
5. The glue that holds it together: Minerva McGonagall. Cool and collected. Come on – she can turn into a cat in the blink of an eye. She’s never phased. She taught Ron to dance – whether he wanted to know or not! Told Moody not to transform the students! Stood up to Umbridge. Was there until the end – and nobody beats Minerva! She is a cool cookie.