Books I’m bursting at the seams to read in 2013…
Well, it’s not like I really need to add any more books to my ever mounting stacks (not to mention growing list on the Kindle – and btw how did that happen!) but here goes. Anyway, need schmeed – books are good, books are our friend, we likes em. As with my ‘best of‘ post these are in no particular order (other than the random workings of my brain) and the expected dates or none dates are not intended as criticisms or prompts (yes, of course, I would like all my favourite authors to write a book a month if they could possibly manage it but I’m a little bit more realistic than that at the end of the day – and anyway, I’d sooner have the work finished to the author’s intended standard and not rushed out and ruined because of my eager impatience!):
- Emperor of Thorns by Mark Lawrence – due August (AUGUST!!) (keep repeating ‘patience is a virtue, patience is a virtue’
- Republic of Thieves by Scott Lynch – according to Amazon due July??? (Maybe September??) Any news on this release date most gratefully received (keep repeating mantra from above).
- The Daylight War by Peter Brett – due Feb, conclusion of the Demon Trilogy – nope – apparently this isn’t a trilogy but a quintet – happy days (maybe even six books and some spin offs – but I could be wrong and frequently am so don’t be quoting me on that)!
- Sworn in Steel by Douglas Hulick – due Jan? *stops typing and goes to order a copy*
- Wool (trilogy) by Hugh Howey – due Jan, hearing lots of good things about this so excited already!
- American Elsewhere by Robert J Bennet – due Feb, can’t wait (will have to, but can’t – how’s that going to work out for me!)
- The Doors of Stone by Patrick Rothfuss – no idea when this is due but I’m muchly looking forward to it even it it’s 2015 (hoping sooner than that though if possible Mr Rothfuss – pretty please, in fact pretty please with a cherry on top, okay ten cherries)!
- Between Two Thorns by Emma Newman – don’t know too much about this but it’s another Angry Robots book and I like the sound of it
- The Marching Dead by Lee Battersby – ditto the above
- The Ocean at the End of the Lane by Neil Gaiman – June/July (*dances a jig*)
Okay, sort of looking back it does look like I’m focusing mainly on fantasy there. That was quite unintentional but what can I say – there’s some good books coming out in 2013. Just to counterbalance that I will be reading lots of Sci fi and Vintage sci fi as part of two events at the start of the year – sci fi reading event hosted by Carl at Stainless Steel Droppings and Vintage Sci Fi hosted by Andrea at the Little Red Reviewer (check them both out if you enjoy reading good books and discussion with loads of top blogging people). I’m also reading Anne McCaffrey’s Dragonflight as part of a readalong on Carl’s sci fi event and will be looking forward to lots of other new releases that are too numerous to go into! Oh, and I’ll be doing some fun reading ‘things’ (not yet fully drawn up) with Dark Cargo during the year!
Let the good times commence and happy reading to everyone in 2013 😀